March 6, 2011

Featured Happy Ending: Gracie

Hello! My name is Molly and I am a dachshund. Yes, I know this newsletter isn't about dachshunds. I'm here to tell you about my sister, Gracie.


On January 1, 2010, my mom brought home a new dog. This time, it wasn't a dachshund like me or my other sister Ava. Mom said she was a pit bull and that she was a rescue, just like Ava. She was coming to live with us for good because she needed a safe, loving home because she was scared and her former people hadn't treated her very well. You see, Gracie and her six puppies were found along side of some road. Then she was dumped at an animal shelter at night. Wow, talk about scary! Needless to say, this whole experience made Gracie a very timid girl. When Mom first brought her home, she didn't even want to come in the door. We gave her time and space to explore and get comfortable.
Mom wanted her to sit on the couch with us but Gracie prefered to sleep on a big comfy pillow on the floor. She was too nervous to eat in the kitchen with us, so Mom started feeding her in the bedroom which is where she still eats to this day. Gracie was so scared of little noises. If Mom walked into the room and looked like she was carrying anything in her hand, Gracie would cower and run out of the room. Poor Gracie, she just didn't realize how excited Mom was to have her with us and that she's in a safe place now.

Its now 2011 and Gracie has been with us for over a year. She no longer cowers and runs out of the room though some little noises still startle her. She has been a great friend and playmate to the foster dogs Mom has brought here. She loves to play and wrestle with them and me and we're all smaller than she is! "Vicious"? Hardly! She loves to ride in the car, chase squirrels out of the backyard and catch treats.

Gracie's a great big sister. I'm glad Carolina Care Bullies was able to help her become part of our family. Thanks CCB!

Sincerely,

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment