March 6, 2011

Meet the Board: Meredith Denny

Dear CCB Fans,

Hey! My name is Meredith. I am y’all’s Foster Coordinator. Although I’m still trying to figure out all the details of this job, basically, I take care of all things FOSTER. I email people asking if they want to foster, I email people telling them I found them a foster, I email people asking if they want to transport a foster, I email people begging for current pictures and bios on their foster, I email people when we get an adoption application submitted on their foster, and sometimes, I email people just because. I work out doggie-sitters, order monthly meds, attend events, and do any other odds and ends Amanda asks me to.

As you can see, I am always connected to my computer and phone!

In my spare time, I hang out with my family. My eight year old daughter, Jessi (self proclaimed “puppy spokesperson”) and I live with my boyfriend, Ryan. We share our home with Ollie, our pit bull, Maggie, our boxer, and three lazy, spoiled cats, Tang, Honey, and Bear. Our favorite thing to do together as a family is to go hiking and camping. Once the warm weather gets here, we will be headed out to see some beautiful scenery.

When I’m not volunteering with CCB, I am also the room-parent for my daughter’s 3rd grade class and Girl Scout cookie Mom for Troop 41616. Believe it or not, I email people all day long for those jobs as well!

I really enjoy the role I play in the CCB Team. Being foster coordinator has given me the opportunity to meet lots of great people and dogs. Working alongside the rest of the Team to reach our common goal of saving pit bulls and raising awareness of the breed is certainly a wonderful reason to wake up every morning and crawl out of bed.

I hope to see y’all at the next CCB event!

Meredith Denny

No comments:

Post a Comment