April 5, 2011

Featured Happy Ending: Alli

Alli, who was originally named Onyx when I adopted her, has been nothing but amazing!

I was in the Cary Towne Center Mall doing some misc. shopping and walked past a CCB event. Being a dog lover I figured I would stop it for a quick head pat and then go about my day. Little did I know Alli would be there, looking at me with her big beautiful eyes and wiggly butt. She is strong and has well defined muscles but carries that power with grace and a gentle touch even when excited.

She meshed with my family with ease,
establishing rank with my other dog, Franco, in only a few hours. Her training went very well and took all of 20 minutes to teach her that when I say "bed bed" she goes and lays on her dog pad next to my bed. The same goes for teaching her to sit, lay down, wait for treats, etc. the only issue she has is not jumping up but thats my fault because she I like to give her hugs all the time.

Over the months and with my experience in the dog world I have concluded she is a mix of mixes. Her face says "pitty" or other Stafford breed, but her body is more in line with a hunting dog and this is obvious when she sees a squirrel or rabbit, she points better than a German Short-hair Pointer LOL.

The story I was told when I wanted to adopt her was she lived nearly all of her life in a shelter, being adopted out for 6 months then dumped back at a shelter without even a call to explain why. I have come to conclude she must have made the decision her previous owners were not right for her because she has been nothing but perfect since I adopted her. Even with her past as a "pound dog" she ate only one shoe (house slipper at that), have never once wee wee'd in the house nor any other issue so many other dogs seem to have.

I tell everyone who mentions wanting a dog to adopt a dog in need, they will love you more than life itself because they have lived a hard life and just a little love goes a long way. They do cost money, you will have problems but those will be outweighed by smiles and laughter and love 1,000,000 times over.

No matter how bad my day, how much stress I might have, I never go to bed without a smile on my face because of my two dogs, Alli and Franco.

Thanks,

Justin

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats wonderful, so glad you and Alli found each other and she has a good home....she is beautiful and I can see why you fell in love with her...Best wishes to all of you....:) Rhonda

    ReplyDelete