May 13, 2012

Featured Happy Ending: Lacey tells us about her family being adopted and why she's ready for her furever home







Featured Happy Ending: Lacey tells us about her family being adopted and why she's ready for her furever home

Lacey
CiCi, Lacey, and Sage at Animal Control



Mama Valerie











In February of 2011 I was dumped at the shelter with my brother and sister and our mom.We probably weren't the most attractive family back then. You see, when we were taken to the shelter in Davidson County we were covered in motor oil. We had ticks and mange and it is said that you can treat that by covering the animals in motor oil. When it didn’t 
work, we got to take a car ride…to animal control L

My family was even more special because we were the first pit bulls to be let out of Davidson County Animal Control. When Carolina Care Bullies came to evaluate our mama, Val, they were so happy that the county was willing to let my pit bull family leave and go to a rescue. They first gave our mom the name Val, because it was like Valvoline the oil. She then became Valerie because she was so sweet and nurturing.

Our first foster home kept us all and Mama Val until we were old enough to be split up into separate foster homes. That foster loved Mama Val so much that they adopted her into their family. My sister CiCi went to a nice foster home not too far away and my brother and I went to Wilmington. Sage (formerly Cagney) and I stayed in Wilmington for a little bit while we were recovering from that horrible mange. We were both nearly naked from losing all of our hair. Our sister CiCi had mange too, but she was adopted real soon by a nice man who loved her a lot!

CiCi
After we stayed in Wilmington for a few months we had new foster homes to go to. I went to a nice foster home in Wilson with lots of other foster doggies. One of my foster sisters there was Princess Tia, who just got adopted as well! Sage got to take a long trip to Charlotte. I guess on the way to Charlotte that nice lady who gave him a ride fell in love with him. She followed his progress and read his foster mom’s blog about how sweet and silly he was. That lady had a nice pit bull named Sophie and they went back to Charlotte to get him and he is now Sophie’s brother!




Sage (formerly Cagney)
Sage and his sister Sophie
They love him so much. He is playful and sweet and loves his doggie sister. They like to play and curl up together. Sometimes they curl up with both their humans and their two cat siblings all together on the couch. And his mommy says that Sage is so funny he sleeps with his gazelle-like legs all over the place and in weird positions. They love his goofy, loving, playful, curious nature. My sister CiCi has a doggie sibling too and they love her just as much. CiCi’s daddy is a nice man who fell in love with her even when she didn’t have all her hair back from the mange!    


I didn’t get adopted yet. I’m still waiting for that special family to see how playful and loving and sweet and cuddly I can be. You see, as the red-head I have a beautiful unique color for a pit bull. No one knows who our daddy was, but I probably look like him some. I am great with kids and I love car rides. I like to walk with my leash. You should see me run too. When I get the chance to run, I am so fast! I am really good at my basic commands and I am completely house broken and crate trained.

My favorite things are popcorn, peanut butter, my Kong, and chewy bones. I love sitting on the porch watching squirrels and stretching out on the couch to relax. I like all dogs, big and small. I like to be fancy sometimes too and I prance when I walk. I am even learning “roll over” and “crawl,” as some of my tricks.


Sounds great, right??? Everyone who has met me thinks so. We just can’t understand why no one wants to adopt me yet. I am almost 1 ½ years old and I just really want a family of my own. I love my foster mom and my foster sister Rosey the pug and even my foster bunny. A girl just needs a family of her own though. I have my own Facebook page to share with your friends and my CCB album is here. You can ask questions about me or get an adoption application by emailing rae@carebullies.org

No comments:

Post a Comment