September 11, 2011

Featured Happy Ending: Sovann

My name is Sovann, which means, “like gold.” I got my name because they thought I was so beautiful and unique --I don’t disagree. CCB saved me and my friends Chewy and Azura when we had to go to the shelter. The place where we lived before was bad and there were too many animals there and we weren’t being taken care of. My foster mommy, Angela, was sad because she lost her pibble to cancer and she wrote to CCB and said she would give me a place to stay and be my foster Mom. I was so excited! Even more exciting was that my friend Azura went to stay with her brother and I still get to see her sometimes. Miss Angela decided that I was doing so well as a foster and everyone loved me so much that she wanted to keep me forever. We even had a cookout party to celebrate.

In my new home I have one brother, O’Malley. He is a very good dog and he shows me how I’m supposed to do things. He is the best big brother. I have one foster sister right now. Her name is Angel and she’s beautiful just like me. She’s really shy and scared sometimes but I lie with her and make her feel better. We love to play, too. I try to run as fast as she does but my mom says she runs like the wind. I also have a kitty friend at my house. At first, I wasn’t allowed to play with her but then I learned to be gentle and not to chase and now I’m allowed to sniff her and wag my tail when I see her.


My most favorite thing about my new home is that I get to sit in the window all day long and nap in sun. Then, when Miss Angela comes home we go outside and play. I’m working very hard on my manners and when I’m good I get to go to work and hang out and sometimes I get to go to the beach. I’m learning to not be afraid of the waves. My brother O’Malley just loves it and I want to learn to swim with him and chase balls in the waves.

I think that I got my furever home because I cuddle so well. I snore sometimes, and I grunt a lot, that’s why they call me “Porkchop.” I even got my picture taken hanging out the truck window like that cute little piggy on the tv commercial, you remember Maxwell? I’m the happiest doggie I know, and it’s all because of Carolina Care Bullies. I started training to become a Canine Good Citizen. If I get certified, my mom is going to take this test she says she’s qualified for. If we both pass then one day I’ll be a therapy dog. I’ll go all over and help people feel better and tell them how CCB saved my life.

Thank you for reading my story and supporting Carolina Care Bullies. If you want to see all my pictures and hear how I’m doing come to my Facebook page, Sovann Keith, and be my friend.

“Save the children and the beasts. For in this world they have no choice, they have no voice.” ~Anonymous

Wags and Kisses,

Sovann



1 comment:

  1. Sovann is gorgeous! Bless you for giving her a good home and the love she deserves. Pibbles are the best!

    ReplyDelete