July 11, 2012

Volunteer Spotlight: Diane McCaskill

Volunteer Spotlight: Diane McCaskill

Hi my name is Diane McCaskill. I have a Cocker Spaniel named Bailey. I have never owned a Pit Bull, but have grown to love them while working at Sunny Acres Pet Resort.  It is there that I had the pleasure of meeting Amanda Liston and Terry King. They started boarding some of the dogs with Carolina Care Bullies while they were waiting on foster homes. I spent time with each of the dogs and found that I wanted to be a part of this great organization.  I thought discrimination only ran in the human race until I started working at Sunny Acres. Several people would call and say they needed somewhere to board their pet while on vacation but had been turned away from places because they have a Pit Bull.  I have learned that Pit Bulls are some of the most lovable animals. I have grown attached to all of the dogs that Carolina Care Bullies had stay with us. While I am not in the position to foster right now, I can give love and attention to them at Sunny Acres. I volunteer with Carolina Care Bullies because I believe in their cause. They have outreach programs for the community and educate the community on a breed that is not given a fair chance. I do home visits for Carolina Care Bullies and am pleased that they really take pride in the wellbeing of all the dogs that are in this organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment