January 12, 2012

Featured Happy Ending: Jenny


Ollie and Jenny
     Ollie here...Hi everyone! That's me in the picture, the handsome one. That's my sister Jenny sitting on top of me. What a crazy nut she is...I'm going to tell you all about her and how she came to be a part of our family.

You see, at my house there's always been dogs that will come and stay for awhile and then they go to something the humans call a furever home. My spellchecker says that's not a word, but that's how these humans keep spelling it? It's this whole process called fostering. That's what my mom does. I'm a pretty good foster brother and my sister Maggie is too. Maggie is that beautiful brindle girl in the pictures. We've had nine foster dogs come and stay with us until they went to their furever families. Wait...make that eight. Jenny, #9, didn't leave!

Jessi and Jenny
It must be because Jenny and Maggie are such good friends. That Jenny sure does love my human sister, Jessi, too. That's Jessi and Jenny together in the next picture. Jenny waits outside Jessi's bedroom door every night until Jessi falls asleep and then she comes back to the living room to hang out with us. Jenny and our doggie sister Maggie are best friends. Jenny and Maggie do everything together. If Maggie is outside, so is Jenny. If Maggie is going on a walk, Jenny is too. If Maggie is asleep, Jenny is laying on top of her asleep! Look at the pictures if you don't believe me. But, you know what? If mom has the space heater on or she gets the blow dryer out...it's me and Jenny you'll find. That's Ollie and Jenny time.

Maggie and Jenny
 That Jenny, she really is a funny girl. She might be more sassy than sweet though. Don't let her fool you. Some days she'll be lying on the couch and I'll think she's sleeping. Then that silly Jenny leaps off the couch on top of me because she wants to play. She does that to Maggie too. She may be part dear the way she just leaps in the air? She sure is proud of herself too when she tricks us. Dogs aren't supposed to know what accomplishment means...but I looked it up. That's what Jenny has. When she tricks us she walks around all proud and excited. That's what you humans call accomplishment, right? My humans laugh at her, that's called enabling, I'm pretty sure!
Jenny, Ollie, Maggie, and Meredith

Anyway, we all like that Jenny girl. Even when she's being ornery. She does this thing to my human sister Jessi that's just too funny. She waits till Jessi is in the shower and if she didn't close the bathroom door all the way that silly Jenny will run in there and steal her socks. She steals dirty socks, can you believe it? If I did that I'd go hide it so I didn't get in trouble. I don't steal dirty socks though, remember that. Ollie doesn't steal socks, but that Jenny girl...watch out for her. She'll steal your socks and then she'll prance around the house all proud of herself. That's your warning. If you come to my house...keep your socks on!
Maggie and Jenny
  I'm really glad that CCB saved Jenny's life and I'm happy that my humans decided to keep her forever, or furever if that's what you prefer. She's stubborn, and goofy, and sneaky, and she sure does make our humans take big deep breaths sometimes but life with Jenny is fun. She's a snuggle bug like Maggie and me and she likes to play too. As long as I never have to wear socks and keep them away from Jenny, then she's welcome at Ollie's house every day!
Ollie and Jenny



Wags and Kisses,

Ollie

No comments:

Post a Comment