October 16, 2011

Featured Happy Ending: Aurora


In December of 2010, we found ourselves suddenly dog-less.  Both of our pittie mixes had passed away within 3 months of each other.  I knew right away that I wanted to get another pittie or pittie mix, but a couple of things were standing in my way.  My husband, Morgan, wasn't ready for another dog yet, he needed time to grieve our painful losses.  Additionally, we have two human kiddos, Avery, 2 years at the time, and Carson, only 3months old at the time.  Our previous pups had already been members of our family before we had children, so we knew what to expect from them.  Adding a new dog was a great unknown to us.  Morgan told me that we would look into getting a dog in the spring.   

Well, spring came, and was turning quickly into summer when I came upon CCB’s Facebook page. A friend had shared a picture of one of the Adopt-a-Bulls, so I made that “fateful” click. As I was perusing the pictures of all the sweet pups, I mentioned the site and group to Morgan. He told me to go ahead and fill out an adoption application, causing me to cheer a little bit, and then fill out my application. In the space on the application for choosing which dog I was interested in, I left that blank, opting instead to be matched with the right pup for our family. I explained that we had 2 children under three, and needed a dog who would be able to deal with a frequently chaotic household. Amanda emailed me back, telling me about Aurora – and how CCB wanted specifically to adopt her to a family with children. Morgan and I agreed to meet her, and we were immediately taken with this sweet girl who had been waiting so patiently for the perfect home.
 
Aurora has fit in so seamlessly with our family; it is as if she has always been here.  Avery and Carson both love her, and climb all over her.  She is so patient, gentle and sweet with them, and seems to love her new “nannying job.”  She is also becoming my running buddy, as we do the Couch to 5K program (we both have a little baby weight we need to work off). I know she spent a long time in foster care, while almost all of her puppies were adopted into their forever homes, but I really feel as though she was waiting for there to be room in our home and hearts.  I truly appreciate CCB giving her a place to be until her permanent place to be was ready for her.




3 comments:

  1. WOW, this made my day! First of all you have a beautiful family! I love reading this story and about this girl in particular, as we are name sakes (Aurora, my middle name). I am thankful for people like you, who open their homes to pets needing them and having so much to give. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children (including your new "fur baby") are adorable! I'm so glad that you found Aurora and that she's become a great addition to your family. Thank you for giving a sweet pittie a forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for your family and Aurora! It seems that God has a way of timing things just right. My adopted pittie seems to have been placed in my path at just the right time. How fortunate we are for these foster families that love these babies while they are waiting for their forever homes. They are certainly a special group of people that will truly be blessed for their selfless acts of kindness and dedication!

    ReplyDelete