February 5, 2011

Featured Happy Ending: Sarah Bear

As Told By "Sister" Sadie:

My name is Sadie; I’m a 6 year old pit mix dog. I was adopted by Momma Jenn six years ago when I was just six months old. When we moved to North Carolina four years ago I developed severe separation anxiety because a strange man came into our apartment without Momma there. I started destroying things and going potty in the house when I became nervous. I have two brothers but even their companionship was not enough to ease my anxieties.

Last January, Momma brought home this tiny little black puppy. She said her name was Sarah and that we were going to keep her for a little bit until she found her new home. Sarah is a pit bull just like me. She is black with just a little bit of white down her muzzle and she has an under bite that I am so jealous of. I loved Sarah immediately and wanted to be her dog momma. I followed her everywhere, taught her that we go potty outside, how to play with toys and dog manners. I would go and lay by her kennel when I got nervous instead of using the floor as my potty.
 
I asked Momma if we could keep Sarah and she wasn’t too sure at first but when I pointed out that she helped me with my separation anxiety she finally agreed. I still have my ups and downs with my anxiety but when I do, I go back and sit by Sarah’s kennel her calming, sweet spirit helps me to calm down and be okay.
 
Momma decided that since Sarah has such a great loving personality that maybe we should try fostering again. She brought home two puppies, Eric and Poca. Sarah is such an awesome momma, that she taught them everything they would need to know to be great dogs in their furever homes. Eric went to his home first. Right after he left we got Shyloh. Shyloh was a scared, timid and aggressive little puppy. Momma Jenn would teach her basic commands that humans like, but it was Sarah who taught her that she can’t act like that if she wanted her furever home. It took Sarah working with Shyloh two weeks but Shyloh finally started to come out of her shell and become a great puppy.

Poca went to her furever home a few days later we brought home Charlie and Zorro. They were so tiny that they could barely walk. Momma tried to keep us away but Sarah would have none of it, she jumped right into the bathtub and gave those tiny puppies the love they needed. As soon as they were okay, Sarah started teaching them good dog manners so they could find their home. Shyloh meanwhile found a great furever home with grandma and flew to Utah with her.


Since then, Zorro has been adopted; and we have brought home Dita, Pepper and Fidget. Dita and Charlie are in their furever home already. We still have Pepper and Fidget but we aren’t worried they will find great homes because Sarah has taught them so well.


I am very grateful to CCB for rescuing Sarah and bringing her into my life. She is a great little sister and I am so proud of all her hard work in helping Eric, Poca, Shyloh, Zorro, Charlie, and Dita all find their furever homes.

1 comment:

  1. Aww....Sarah Bear! What an amazing girl!

    ReplyDelete